Razz teams up with the vocals from Jack Wilby to create this phenomenal track that hits hard. We could talk all day about “Get Away”, but we will let the song speak for itself. Check out the exclusive interview we had with Razz!
- How long have you been producing music for? anything specific that got you to be interested in producing?
So I’ve been producing for about 4 years now seriously. But I’ve been playing a variety of instruments since I was a kid. I got into producing cause I got tired of listening to the same stuff and I wanted to make my own. I also was inspired a lot by electronic music hitting the US starting with cascada, then to avicii, and so forth
- If you could collab with anyone in the world currently who is it?
dream collab hmmm that’s tough. so I’ll give u three:
for singer probably shawn mendes
rapper – asap rocky
- Got any other hobbies besides making music?
hobbies I like working out, playin basketball, and water sport activities, like fishing, surfing
- This is your 3rd original track now. How, if at all, do you think you have grown throughout the 3 songs? And if you had to choose which one is your favorite?
So yea this is my 3rd original release. I think that my style and my skills are constantly changing and improving, and I think this track is the best out of all three. I really just try to make every song as best as possible and I hope it sounds even better than the first two. To other people as well.
- What was your inspiration behind this track?
I wanted to make something that was both commercial sounding but also anthemic and big, that could sort of fit with radio but also be played at a massive festival.
- If you had to show someone only one part of the song to impress them, which would you choose and why?
I would say the drop since I think because that part of the song has had the most energy.
- How long did it take you to get this track set and did have any issues with it?
Umm, I made the track actually pretty fast, I finished all the music in three days, and matching up with the right vocalist was the more difficult part. I heard jack Wilby on Cedric gervais and big Z’s track and really loved his work. After reaching out he sent me something back a few weeks later and we tweaked it until we both felt it was perfect
- Future Plans? more remixes? Originals? tour? concerts?
I move to LA august 14th. I have 8-9 unreleased tracks which r either official remixes or originals, but I’m starting a new brand called mindtrix with my friend joey warner who is also a super talented producer
- Anything you want fans and readers to know? shout out to anyone?
I want my fans to know that I’m not just a dj. I am an artist, i sing i write lyrics, i do it all and that’s gonna become a lot more known as i keep releasing tracks
- Any advice to young producers out there starting up?
Be patient, watch tons of tutorials, and try to develop something u think is unique and cool, not what is hot and already out there also, be prepared to fail over and over again. Appreciate the good things that come your way. Never have any expectations. The thing I think people don’t release is there are so many producers, and so many musicians. Spotify gets 30k tracks a day, so if ur not putting out consistent content and separating urself ur gonna get lost in the crowd. Be humble and also, if you don’t have thick skin and can’t deal with tons of criticism don’t enter the game.